Sunday, March 13, 2011

Badab War: Tyrant's Legion Update

I finally have my hands on both Imperial Armour 9 and 10 which was a great boost to continuing this project. Despite getting caught up in list writing this week, I have managed to get most of the Tactical cohort done, with the second half not far off (at time of writing they are actually silver and washed, not merely primed). The uniform I have opted for is pure Tyrant's legion as per the image below and so far I am happy with the results.


I will probably include the more traditional colourings ie gold trims to the more senior members of the army like characters, Honourguard or Sternguard. With this portion of the painting reaching completion I need to take a serious look at what to get next week in order to expand. Top of my list is Auxilia Armsmen to bulk up the infantry numbers and get that true mixed force Badab feel, second on my list is a Leman Russ battle tank to again bulk up the Auxilia presence and add some armoured units to the painting line and table in game. I will be getting two Caestus Assault Rams next month but that will be for my pure Astral Claws army (using Codex Space Marines). 


The blue pads are a little clean right now, but once the squad is complete with insignias and backpacks I will begin adding weathering textures. The bases are actually really nicely detailed, without being too over bearing so it should make for a simple (and more importantly quick) paint job. Over the months I will bulk this unit to the full capacity of 20 Space Marines.

I am intentionally avoiding Space Marine armour as the Badab release is still fairly fresh (for Forge World). So there is no telling what resin additions to expect this first quarter, also I really wanted to avoid an overly mechanised theme to this army, opting instead for ruthless Space Marines with lots of expendable infantry.

Thanks for reading,
DiStudios
The 14th Legion

Inspired? Pick up your 40K supplies from: Wayland Games - Discount Wargames

No comments:

Post a Comment