Saturday, July 23, 2011

New arrival: Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought


Working out of town leaves a lot of loose ends, including the collection of toy packages. But the wait has been worth it, I am happy to say that in front of me now is the lovely Forge World Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought, complete with close combat weapon and Las-cannon. I am hoping to magnetise the weapon arms (rightly too) to accommodate future weapon fits.

The immediate thing that comes to mind when looking closely at the kit, is the legs. I love the way the legs come together; in an almost gun-pla style ball and socket connection. What this means is more variety in poses when building, which ultimately means more dynamic variations, never a bad thing. I already have images of the Horus Heresy art work running through my head.


I am really looking forward to building (and hopefully painting) the figure this weekend, I doubt it will be finished as I want to go to town on the paint job, but with my current project coming to an end next week I will have the much needed time to focus on wargaming projects, and if I am really lucky perhaps some 40K games (the shock!) before summer ends.

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th Legion

No comments:

Post a Comment